How to Say “We” in Indonesian – Phrases – Definition – Example
Hi there! Welcome back to another article!
There are several words that can directly describe the number of people. For the examples such as the words “me”, “he / she”, “they”, and “we / us”. This time we will discuss how to say “we” in Indonesian.
How to Say “We” in Indonesian
The word “we” illustrates that there are more than one person. In Indonesia, the word also describes more than one person and how to pronounce it is clearly very different from other countries, for example the pronunciation is like this: ka-mi or ki-ta.
For the use of this word is not much different from other countries. In Indonesian, the word “we” can be placed at the beginning of a sentence, in the middle or at the end of a sentence.
Here are the example of how to say “we” in Indonesian in formal sentence :
- Kami tidak dapat melakukan itu. (We can’t do that.)
- Kamu tau kami bisa bernyanyi. (You know we can sing.)
- Bukan kami yang melakukan itu. (We don’t do that.)
- Kami membuat daftar menu. (We make a menu list.)
In Indonesian, there are two different types of “we” words. In formal and informal form. For the formal word, in Indonesian uses the word “kami”, how to pronounce it like this: ka-mi. While for the informal one uses the word “kita”, how to pronounce it like this: ki-ta.
You may also learn more about”
Here are the example of how to say “we” in Indonesian in informal sentence :
- Kita tidak perlu melakukan itu. (We don’t have to do that.)
- Hanya kita yang tau. (Only we know this.)
- Kita memesan makanan itu. (We order the food.)
- Kiriman itu kita yang menerimanya. (We received the shipment.)
Of course in the use of formal and informal words with different conditions. For example, attending a formal event such as an office event, of course, uses the formal word. And like the previous discussion, the formal word used the word “kami” and in informal situations, like talking to friends, in Indonesian it used to use the word “kita”.
Like “we”, “they” also describe more than one person. In Indonesian they are pronounced “they”, how to pronounce it like this: me-re-ka. And there are no rules for using this word. Can be placed at the beginning of the sentence, in the middle or at the end of the sentence. You can see the example below :
- Mereka melihat pertunjukan itu. (They saw the show.)
- Mereka membaca buku itu. (They read that book.)
- Lelaki itu mengajari mereka kung fu. (The man taught them kung fu.)
You may also learn more about:
Those were some phrase how to say “we” in Indonesian. Hopefully, this article easy to understand and provide useful knowledge of learning Indonesian. See you!