What Is Lebaran in Indonesian Language? The Vocabulary and Example
Indonesia is proudly to be the biggest Muslims community country. As the biggest Muslims community country, Indonesia must commit to one famous and important the worship one month in Ramadan and two days in 8 and 9 Dzulhijjah.
The worship in Ramadan Month and in Dzulhijjah Month asks Muslims to do the activities in worshiping, praying, reading Quran and doing good things.
After doing the activities in Ramadan and Dzulhijjah the Muslims would like to welcome the new month named Syawal which will be celebrated as Eid Mubarak and welcome the Eid Mubarak/Eid Adha in 10-13 Dzulhijjah.
Eid Mubarak is the celebration of Muslims in welcoming the new month and celebrating the Hajj year and as the bless activities after fasting for a month in Ramadan and two days in Dzulhijjah.
Indonesian people love to celebrate Eid Mubarak by gathering with those they love and eat some traditional food such as Rendang (the cooked meat with coconut milk), Opor (the cooked chicken with coconut milk), and Sambal Goreng Kentang (Fried-Potato Sambal).
They will also do important thing and that is forgiving each other. Eid Mubarak in Indonesia can be said as Lebaran or Idul Fitri. Then what is Lebaran in Indonesian Language?
The Meaning of Lebaran in Indonesian Language
The Eid Mubarak is often said as Idul Fitri /Idul Adha or Lebaran in Indonesian Language.
Idul Fitri: Eid Mubarak after Ramadan Month
Idul Adha: Eid Mubarak/Eid Adha after fasting in 8-9 Dzulhijjah
- The Meaning from Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia (KBBI: The Big Indonesian Language Dictionary)
Idul Fitri: Muslims celebration which is held at 1st of Syawal Month (Muslims Calendar) after fasting in Ramadan for a month.
Idul Adha: Muslims celebration for Hajj people which is held at 10-13 Dzulhijjah (Muslims Calendar) after fasting for two days (Sunnah) in 8-9 Dzulhijjah.
Lebaran (noun): Another word for saying Idul Fitri and Idul Adha. It has the same meaning from Idul Fitri and Idul Adha.
Berlebaran (verb): Celebrating the Eid Mubarak/Eid Adha
You may also read:
Expressions and Greetings with Lebaran, Idul Fitri or Idul Adha Words
- Selamat Lebaran! = Eid Mubarak!
- Selamat Hari Lebaran! = Happy Eid Mubarak!
- Selamat Hari Raya Idul Fitri, mohon maaf lahir dan batin = Happy Eid Mubarak, please forgive all mistakes!
- Hari ini adalah Lebaran Haji = Today is Eid Adha
- Kapankah Lebaran setelah puasa Ramadan? = When is Eid Mubarak after fasting in Ramadan?
- Tahun ini saya berlebaran di Kampung Halaman = This year I am going to spend my Eid Mubarak at my hometown.
- Sudahkah kamu beli baju untuk Lebaran? = Have you bought some clothes for celebrating Eid Mubarak?
Note: The word Lebaran cannot be combined with the word pray which means solat in Indonesia
- Mari kita solat Idul Fitri / Idul Adha di Masjid terdekat = Let’s do Eid Prayer at nearest Mosque (It cannot be spoken = Mari kita solat Lebaran)
You may also read:
- How to say Eid Mubarak in Indonesian
- How to Say Happy Fasting in Indonesian
- What is Ngabuburit in Indonesian?
Muslims in Indonesia is recently undergoing Ramadan Month. Soon, Indonesian Muslims will celebrate Eid Mubarak (Idul Fitri). It is good to know the meaning of Lebaran in Indonesia Language so everyone can greet and express some expressions and greetings with Lebaran word.