One of the reasons most of you might have for traveling to Indonesia is for business reasons. It’s no surprise because Indonesia is actually one of the Southeast Asian countries with a rapidly growing economy, so you might find interesting and promising business prospects here! As a foreigner, speaking a new language might be difficult especially for doing business meetings, conferences, and discussions.
Indonesian Business Phrases
No worries! We are here to help you. This article will teach you some important phrases you’ll most likely need to use when you’re having business-related conversations in Indonesian. It involves starting a business meeting, explaining your points of discussion, asking for opinions, having negotiations/discussions and scheduling appointments.
- “Welcome everybody, my name is [your name] and I work as….” – Selamat datang semuanya, nama saya ____ dan saya bekerja sebagai _____
- “Good morning/afternoon/evening ladies and gentlemen, I’m [your name].” – Selamat pagi/siang/sore bapak-ibu sekalian, nama saya _____ (See more ways to introduce yourself in Indonesian)
- “Today I’m here to talk to you about…” – Hari ini saya ingin membahas tentang…
- “I’m delighted to be here today to tell you about…” – Saya senang ada di sini hari ini untuk menjelaskan tentang…
- “Today I would like to outline our plans for…” – Hari ini saya ingin menyusun rencana untuk…
- “Any questions on my presentation?” – Ada pertanyaan untuk presentasi saya?
- “Well, that brings me to the end of my presentation, thanks so much for listening.” – Ini akhir presentasi saya, terima kasih banyak sudah mendengarkan
- “It was a real pleasure being here today. Goodbye and thank you.” – Senang sekali berada di sini hari ini. Sampai jumpa dan terima kasih
- “Sorry, I interrupted you. You were saying…?” – Maaf menyela Anda. Anda tadi bilang?
- “Please go on…” – Tolong dilanjutkan…
- “Could you speak more slowly, please?” – Bisa bicara pelan-pelan?
- “Could you repeat that, please?” – Bisa tolong diulangi?
- “Would you mind spelling that for me, please?” – Bisa tolong dieja?
- “Could you explain that in another way, please?” – Bisa tolong dijelaskan lagi?
- “Good idea!” – Usul yang bagus!
- “I’m afraid I didn’t get that.” – Saya kurang mengerti
- “Can we discuss some other alternatives?” – Apa kita dapat membahas cara lain?
- “In my opinion…” – Menurut saya…
- “I agree with you.” – Saya setuju dengan Anda
- “I hear what you’re saying, but our bottom line is very clear on this one.” – Saya mengerti, tapi keputusan kita sudah jelas
- “What do you think about this proposal?” – Apa pendapat Anda tentang proposal ini?
- “Are there any more comments?” – Ada komentar lain?
- “I’d like to set up a meeting with you at your earliest convenience. When are you free?” – Saya ingin meeting secepatnya. Kapan Anda bisa?
- “Are you free to talk again next week?” – Apa kita bisa berbicara lagi minggu depan?
- “When can we talk about this again?” – Kapan kita bisa bicarakan ini lagi?
- “How does 2:30 p.m. Thursday sound?” – Bagaimana kalau Kamis jam 2.30 siang?
- “Glad to work with you.” – Senang bekerja sama dengan Anda
- “Looking forward to our next project.” – Saya tidak sabar menantikan proyek kita berikutnya
Indeed, that’s all theory about Indonesian business phrases and meaning. Hopefully these phrases will help you out in your business endeavors. Good luck!
Also check out: